All we know about Yusuf Buhari’s wedding in Kano
President Muhammadu Buhari’s son Yusuf’s wedding to Zahra Ado Bayero is set to hold today (Friday) in Kano.
According to the statement by Buhari’s media aide Garba Shehu, the Presidency has constituted a presidential delegation ahead of Buhari’s visit to Kano ahead of the wedding
The high-level delegation is to be led by his Chief of Staff, Ibrahim Gambari, the other delegation includes the ministers of defence, Bashir Magashi, Sabo Nanono (agriculture), Hadi Sirika (aviation), and Suleiman Hussein Adamu (water resources).
He said members of the delegation would stay back after the wedding to represent Buhari at the coronation of the emir at Bichi the following day (Saturday).
Here are five interesting facts about the bride:
1. Zahra Ado Bayero is the 19 years old daughter of the Emir of Bichi, Nasir Ado-Bayero.
2. Her father aside from being the emir is the chairman of 9 mobile and the first child born at the official residence of Kano Emirate known as Gidan Dabo.
3. Zahra’s father was the district head of Fagge, Tarauni and Nassarawa Local Government Areas before he was appointed a first-class monarch by the administration of Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.
4. While Zarah’s mother, Farida Imam, is the daughter of famous Kano educationist, Mal Abubakar Imam (Imamu Galandanci), a former Executive Director at Afribank Plc, the Sultan of Sokoto, Muhammad Saad Abubakar III, is married to Farida’s biological sister.
5. Zarah, is the second daughter of the Emir and she studied Architecture in the United Kingdom.