Vegetable chicken broth is best served with a cold drink
- High source of protein
- Boosts the immune system.
- Good source of vitamins and minerals, such as B vitamins
Vegetable Chicken is an ideal weekend delicacy and a nutritionist’s delight.
TEY Edibles recommends Vegetable Chicken broth for those who can’t quite cope with the quantity of pepper in Nkwobi or the various types of pepper soup.
However, it should still go with a cold drink like the others.
- Chicken – Half or full kilo
- Vegetable: Ugwu or green leaves – since it’s the rainy season, N50 worth should suffice
- Onions – one large bulb
- Fresh pepper – as you like it.
- Seasoning cube and salt – one or two cubes
- Groundnut oil – one cooking spoonful or 70ml
- Utazi leaves – sliced, less than a handful
- Ugba – a few slices
Wash the chicken, spice it, then, roast it on a grill. You could also boil the chicken briefly with spices, and then fry it. While the chicken is on the grill or frying, wash the vegetables properly and slice them. Do the same for the Utazi leaves. Also, cut or shred the chicken into pieces.
Next, in a frying pan, pour in groundnut oil, not more than the quantity used to fry eggs. Add onions when the pan is well heated, then throw in the pepper, salt, and seasoning cubes. Put them at the same time as the onions to keep the onions from burning.
When that heats up a bit, the sliced vegetables, Utazi leaves, and Ugba can go in. Allow the combination to steam for two to three minutes, then add your chicken.
Stir the chicken and allow it to cook for two minutes, then your spicy chicken vegetable broth is ready.
#NaijaKitchen was brought to you by TEY Edibles Kitchen, your plug for healthy meals. You can contact them by calling or sending a Whatsapp message to 0702 536 3145. You may also follow them on social media @teyedibles