Ugo Ugochukwu is an American
13 year old Ugo Ugochukwu has becomes the first Nigerian to win a world karting championship, and get signed by McLaren to race in Formula 1.
Karting is a type of motor-racing sport in which small, open, four-wheeled vehicles called karts (or go-karts) are used for racing. Karting is a very popular recreational activity and is also contested competitively. Karting is usually done before going into higher types of motorsports. The sport originated in the United States is currently also popular in Europe.
Karts have different speeds, super karts can reach up to 260 kilometers per hour, go-karts are usually for recreational purposes and can reach up to 25 kilometers per hour. Here are 5 things about Ugochukwu:
A speedway kart race may range in length from 4 laps up to 20 laps.
- Advertisement -
- Ugochukwu was born in New York on April 23 2007
- He was born by a Nigerian mother Oluchi Onweagba-Orlandi who is a super model and an American father
- He is an American by nationality
- Ugochukwu was signed by McLaren in a long-term agreement to support him through the junior categories of motorsport.
- Ugochukwu won last year’s European FIA OKJ European kart championship after taking a string of titles in the United States.