The presidential task force on COVID-19 has disclosed that Nigerian scientists have developed COVID-19 vaccines. Here are 4 things you should know about it:
- The scientists whose details were not disclosed developed two vaccines
- The vaccines are still awaiting clinical trials and certification
- If the vaccines pass the clinical trials it will be a major scientific breakthrough for the medical industry in the country.
- The federal government earlier approved N10 billion for local production of vaccines.
- The PTF chairman, Boss Mustapha tasked relevant agents to provide the required support and enabling environment for smooth conduct of the remaining protocols for the certification of the vaccines.