23 students, 3 teachers, 12 family members abducted in #KagaraKidnapping
Earlier today, gun-men stormed Government Science Secondary School in Kagara located at Rafi Local government Area in Niger state and abducted some students and members of staff. This prompted the Nigerian senate to ask President Muhammadu Buhari to declare a state of emergency on security in the country.
Here are five things we know so far about the #KagaraKidnapping incident:
- Governor Abubakar Sani-Bello of Niger State has confirmed to newsmen in Minna that out of the population of 650, 23 students, 3 teachers, 12 family members were kidnapped while 1 student was killed. He also disclosed that the name of the student killed is Benjamin S. Doma
- The attack occurred around 2 am on Wednesday 17th of February.
- The governor has also declared all boarding schools in the affected area (Rafi, Mariga, Munya, and Shiroro LGA) closed till further notice.
- Following the incident, the Senate has asked President Muhammadu Buhari to declare a state of emergency
- President Buhari said he has deployed security forces to the state to rescue all the abductees.