AstraZeneca vaccine came through an Emirates Boeing B777300E aircraft with cooling system[yop_poll id=”1″]
- The vaccine came through an emirate plane Boeing 777300ER
- It arrived at Nnamdi Azikwe Airport Abuja at 11.36 am in Tuesday.
- The vaccine shipment is from COVAX, a global scheme to procure and distribute inoculations for free, as the world races to contain the coronavirus pandemic.
- The Boeing 777300ER Emirate aircraft has a cooling system.
- Nigeria is the third country to receive the vaccine in Africa after Ghana and Cote d’voire from the COVAX facility, launched in April 2020 to ensure fairer distribution of the coronavirus vaccine between rich and poor nations.
- The 3.92 million doses of the AstraZeneca vaccine was licenced by the world’s largest vaccine manufacturer, the Serum Institute of India as part of an initial tranche of deliveries headed to several low and middle-income countries, which Nigeria is part of.
Source: NAN[yop_poll id=”1″]