Gunmen attack on Sunday Igboho repelled
Gunmen attack on Sunday Igboho by men believed to be members of the Nigerian army hours of Monday was unsuccessful as the self-acclaimed activist could not be arrested.
It was alleged that the gunmen invaded the Ibadan residence of secessionist leader in a bid to arrest him over calls for an Oduduwa Republic for the Yoruba nation.
The spokesman to the activist, Olayomi Koiki in a viral video gave an account of the gunmen attack on Sunday Igboho and alleged that soldiers of the Nigeria Army attempted to put the house under siege, with a probable attempt to arrest the activist.
Koiki who described the situation as a huge challenge, called on the international community and all Yoruba sons and daughters to rise in solidarity and fight for their ‘freedom’.
“We are more than capable to secure ourselves, we have chased them far from here, I am sure you can hear gunshots. That is them shooting from afar, we cannot be intimidated because we are fully prepared and ready for them.” Koiki stated.
On who could be responsible for the alleged attack, Koiki who linked the situation to the Federal government explained that the Governor Seyi Makinde-led Oyo state government would have a hand in it.
“By tomorrow morning, I am sure the government would come with false press statements, that it was a set of unknown soldiers, that was the same tactic they used to attack Fela’s mother. They equally used it during #EndSARS.
“They brought us letter sometimes ago but we rejected it because letter was what they used to kill Dele Giwa. We have chosen to be peaceful only for them to keep looking for our trouble which we won’t hesitate to give to them.” Koiki boasted.
Also narrating the incident to Dailypost, one of Igboho’s close aides Mr. Dapo Salami said the invasion happened around 1.30am.
He revealed that the gunmen were resisted by the occupants in the building.
He said, “They came exactly 1.30 am.
“They came and they were resisted. I cannot confirm the number of those who came. But, they came and they were resisted.
“We are not suspecting anyone, but we know that some people came.
“They came and they were resisted, that is just it.
It would be recalled that this is not the first time the activist’s house will be invaded as his house was set ablaze earlier in the year by hoodlums.