…The panel members are from different agencies
Reports have authoritatively revealed the full names of the members of presidential panel interrogating the suspended chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), Ibrahim Magu.
The EFCC boss was arrested by the Department of State Services (DSS) on Monday and has since then been investigated by the panel over allegations of grave misconduct leveled against him.
The members of the panel who cut across different agencies are:
1. Justice Ayo Salami – Former Justice of the Court of Appeal
2. Mike Ogbizi – Deputy Inspector General of Police
3. Hassan Abdullahi – Department of State Service (DSS)
4. Douglas Ekwueme – Nigerian Financial Intelligence Unit (NFIU)
5. Mallam Shamsudeen – Office of the Accountant-General of the Federation
6. Muhammed Abubakar – Federal Ministry of Justice
7. Kazeem Atilebi – Civil Society Organizations
This panel is interrogating Magu based on the following allegations:
1. Alleged re-looting recovered loots and selling assets to cronies
2. Alleged insubordination to the office of the Attorney-General of Federation
3. Alleged favourtism towards designated EFCC detectives regarded as “Magu Boys” for sensational assignments
4. Alleged declaration of N539bn as retrieved funds instead of N504bn earlier claimed
5. Alleged leakages of investigative reports that were injurious to some cases to some selected media
6. Reporting certain judges to their presiding officers without complying to the Attorney-General of Federation
7. Alleged inconsistencies in the reconciliation records of the EFCC and the Federal Ministry of Finance on recovered funds
8. Not respecting court injunction to unfreeze a N7bn ruling in favour of a former executive director of a bank and failure to provide enough concrete evidence against some suspects including on Diezani Alison-Madueke for her extradition.