Synagogue church building fire caused by electrical fault
A fire incident on a storehouse at TB Joshua’s Synagogue Church of All Nations on Monday night nearly overshadowed the candlelight procession for the late prophet who passed a fortnight ago.
According to reports, the fire started at the Synggugue church building around 11 PM while the candlelight procession and night of tribute was ongoing.
Members of the church who had attended the event were said to have scampered to safety as the fire raged.
Punch reports that firefighters arrived at the scene of the fire incident around 12:19 am on Tuesday, citing an eyewitness who confirmed that the fire had been put out before the arrival of the firefighters.
- Advertisement -
“An electrical spark at the control room caused the fire. It happened after the candlelight procession,” he added.
- How T.B Joshua’s funeral programme will be conducted – Family
- Prophet T.B Joshua to be buried July 9
- 10 interesting facts you never knew about the late Prophet T.B Joshua
The church confirmed the fire incident in a press statement, saying there was no casualty.
“In the late evening of Monday 5th July 2021, there was a minor electrical fire incident at a storehouse within The Synagogue, Church Of All Nations complex. The incident was quickly brought under control without any injuries.
- Advertisement -
“As part of the preparedness for the weeklong services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua, The SCOAN has worked closely with relevant government agencies including the Lagos State Fire Services, whose members were on the ground at the time of the incident.
“We thank God for His continued protection. We assure the general public that there is no cause for alarm and the services celebrating the life and legacy of Prophet TB Joshua will continue as scheduled,” the statement read.