FG asks schools to provide accommodating classrooms
Against the reopening of schools and universities across the nation, the Federal Government has put some conditions which must be met by the various head of schools in place.
The head of schools have been urged to start putting these measures in place and not wait for the date of resumption to be announced.
About 6 conditions have been put in place as announced by the Minister of State for Education, Hon. Chukwuemeka Nwajiuba in Abuja during the 2020 Policy Meeting on Admissions to Tertiary Institutions in Nigeria by the Joint Admissions Matriculation Board (JAMB).
The 6 conditions are as follows:
- All institutions must have hand-washing facilities.
- Body temperature checks must be put in place.
- Body disinfectants at strategic places in the school, e.g., the school gate, entrance to classes, entrance to hostels, etc.
- The school premises including classes must be disinfected before resumption.
- The level of hygiene must be very high.
- Social distancing must be ensured during lectures and other public activities. Buildings must be made to accommodate students and ensure physical distancing.
The Minister also commended the efforts of all schools. He assures them that the FG is putting measures in place in order for students to resume learning.