…Dogara says he would be accused of disloyalty if remained in PDP to fault Governor Bala Mohammed’s administration
Former Speaker of the House of Representatives, Yakubu Dogara has revealed why he dumped the People’s Democratic Party (PDP) for the All Progressives Party (APC).
Dogara disclosed this on Sunday, in a letter of defection addressed to the Chairman of the PDP, Bogoro Ward ‘C’ of Bauchi State, highlighting the inadequacies of Governor Bala Muhammed’s administration whom he supported to become the governor in 2019.
He argued that he would be labelled a disloyal member if he brought up those issues without resigning from PDP.
Here are the questions raised against Bauchi State Governor Bala Muhammed’s administration in the full letter:
People’s Democratic Party,
Bogoro ‘C’ Ward.
LETTER OF RESIGNATION OF MY MEMBERSHIP OF THE PDP
Above subject matter refers.
I write to intimate you of my decision to resign my membership of the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
This became necessary because the same reasons why we fought hard in 2019 to effect changes in the Governance of our dear state are festering now.
I intend to bring these issues to the front burners once again as the fight to install decent and egalitarian government in our dear state continues.
Specifically, I intend to ask questions about the following:
- What has happened to LGA allocatons since May 2019?
- What happened to our campaign promise to conduct LGA elections within six months of PDP government?
- What happened to the N4.6 billion loan taken from a bank and paid directly into a private company’s account?
- Why are we segmenting salaries and why is payment of salaries of state workers outsourced to a private firm as consultants?
- Why are contracts inflated, awarded and payment of mobilization done in violation of extant rules on procurement?
Why are our highly revered Traditional Rulers and Elders treated with odium contrary to the guarantee we gave during the