Buhari approves appointment of other 9 CEOs
President Muhammad Buhari has approved the appointment of Buki Ponle as the Managing Director of News Agency of Nigeria, NAN.
Ponle’s appointment was approved alongside the Chief Executive Officers for eight (8) other agencies under the Federal Ministry of Information and Culture, according to a press statement from the Presidency on Wednesday.
According to the approval letter, which was conveyed to the Minister of Information and Culture, Alhaji Lai Mohammed, by Prof. Ibrahim Gambari, Chief of Staff to the President, on Tuesday.
All those whose appointment were approved include:
- Mr. Buki Ponle – Managing Director, News Agency of Nigeria
- Mr. Nura Sani Kangiwa – Director-General, National Institute for Hospitality and Tourism
- Mr. Francis Ndubuisi Nwosu – Executive Secretary, Nigerian Press Council
- Mr. Ebeten William Ivara, Director General, National Gallery of Arts;
- Mr. Olalekan Fadolapo – Registrar/CEO of Advertising Practitioners Council of Nigeria
- Prof. Sunday Enessi Ododo – General Manager/CEO, National Theatre
- Mr. Ado Mohammed Yahuza – Executive Secretary/CEO, National Institute for Cultural Orientation
- Prof. Aba Isa Tijjani – Director-General, National Commission for Museums & Monuments
- Mrs. Oluwabunmi Ayobami Amao – Director General, Centre For Black And African Arts & Civilization
The appointments take effect from the 1st of September 2020.