Yemisi Edun steps in as FCMB Managing Director
The Board of Directors of First City Monument Bank (FCMB) has appointed Yemisi Edun as the new Managing Director to take over from Adam Nuhu. Here are 5 things you should know about her.
1. She holds a Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry from the University of Ife, Ile-Ife, and a Master’s degree in International Accounting and Finance from the University of Liverpool, United Kingdom.
2. Yemisi Edun is also a Fellow of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of Nigeria and a CFA Charter holder.
3. She is also an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Stockbrokers; an Associate Member of the Institute of Taxation of Nigeria; a Member of Information Systems Audit and Control, U.S.A; and a Certified Information Systems Auditor.
4. Yemisi Edun is said to have begun her career with Akintola Williams Deloitte (member firm of Deloitte Touché Tohmatsu) in 1987, with main focus in Corporate Finance activities. She was also involved in an audit of Banks and Other Financial Institutions.
5. Prior to her appointent, she was the Executive Director/Chief Financial Officer then the acting Managing Director of the Bank.