Daba is survived by his wife, six children, and six grandchildren
The sad passing of veteran broadcaster turned actor Sadiq Daba was announced on Thursday by filmmaker Kunle Afolayan.
He was referred to as a legend in the industry and tributes have poured in across the country.
Below are 5 things you should know about the legendary actor.
- Sadiq Daba attended St. Edward’s Secondary School Freetown, Sierra Leone where he grew up but got higher degrees in many institutions, including Ahmadu Bello University in Zaria, Kaduna State.
- He was a top-notch broadcaster, he auditioned for a role at Radio Television, Kaduna
- He worked as a news anchor at NTPC Lagos and Nigerian Television Authority (NTA) Lagos. His acting career came to prominence in the late 1970s, starring in Cockcrow at Dawn. On February 3, 2018, In 2015, he won the Africa Movie Academy Award for Best Actor for his role as Inspector Waziri in Kunle Afolayan’s psychological thriller “October 1.
- He joined Project Pink Blue to walk against cancer to commemorate World Cancer Day. He announced his diagnosis of Leukemia and Prostate Cancer in 2017 and was supported with funds by some influential Nigerians including Josephine Obiajulu Odumakin, Mabel Oboh, Femi Otedola, Azuka Jebose, and Soni Irabor.
- He was married to Bolaji Daba whom he met in Jos, he is survived by his wife, six children and six grandchildren