Abdul Rasheed Bawa was the Lagos zonal head of the anti-graft agency
Earlier today, President Muhammadu Buhari forwarded the name of Abdul Rasheed Bawa to the senate for confirmation as the substantive chairman of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission.
The senate president Ahmad Lawan as however stated that he will be screened in the plenary in line with the senate tradition. Although not much is known about him as at press time.
Here are five things to know about the appointed chairman:
- Abdulrasheed Bawa is 40-year-old
- Bawa holds a BSc degree in Economics and Masters in International Affairs and Diplomacy.
- Bawa was the Lagos zonal head of the anti-graft agency before his appointment
- He is a trained EFCC investigator with vast experience in the investigation and prosecution of Advance Fee Fraud cases, official corruption, bank fraud, money laundering, and other economic crimes.
- He has undergone several specialised trainings in different parts of the world and was one of the pioneer EFCC Cadet Officers in 2005.