Nigerians no longer believe in the future of the country- IBB
Ex-head of state, Ibrahim Babangida has listed 5 qualities the next Nigerian President must possess in order to effectively run the affairs of the country.
IBB stated this in an interview with Arise News aired on Friday.
According to the former military ruler the reason why Nigeria has refused to progress and achieve the dreams of the founding fathers was because Nigerians no longer believed in the future of their own country.
He accused the Nigerian people of creating and at the same time, destroying their own country, identifying bad leadership as yet a major reason for the socio-economic challenges facing Nigeria.
He suggested the next president must possess the following qualities:
1. The individuals must be in his/her 60s.
2. The person must be someone with contacts across the nation and has been traversing the geo-political zones marketing his/her acceptability and capacity
3. The person must be a good leadership that links with the people and tries to talk with the people and not talking on top of the people.
4. Must be someone that travels across the country and has a friend virtually everywhere he travels to and he knows at least one person that he can communicate with.
5. Lastly the person must be a good politician that is very verse in economics and should be able to talk to Nigerians