Abba Kyari replaced by ex RRS commander DCP Tunji Disu
The Inspector-General of Police Usman Baba on Monday approved the immediate appointment of Deputy Commissioner of Police (DCP) Tunji Disu as the new head of the Police Intelligence Response Team (IRT). Here are 10 things you should know about him:
1.Disu was born in Lagos Island and had his post-primary education at Mayflower Junior School, Ikenne, Ogun State.
2.DCP Disu holds a Bachelor of Arts degree in English from the Lagos State University (LASU)
3.He has a Post-graduate Diploma in International Relations and Strategic Studies at Lagos State University
4. Disu has a Masters Degree in Public Administration from the Adekunle Ajasin University, Ondo State.
5. He is a member of the International Association of Chiefs of Police, Nigeria Institute of Public Relations, and Chattered Institute of Personnel management, amongst other professional bodies.
6. He joined the Nigerian Police in 1992 as Cadet ASP and was trained at the Nigeria Police Academy, Kaduna.
7. Prior to his appointment as the new Head of the IRT, DCP Tunji Disu, a former Commander of the Rapid Response Squad (RRS) Lagos State, was the Deputy Commissioner of Police, Department of Operations, Force Headquarters, Abuja.
8. He had also previously served at the State CID, Rivers State as the Deputy Head of the Unit.
9. He was also a former Commander of the Nigeria Police Contingent to the African Union (AU) Peace Keeping Mission in Dafur, Sudan.
10. RRS under his watch also operated ‘Hot spot Policing’ through which the patrol vehicles of RRS are placed at strategic locations considered to be a black spot.