Kate Henshaw once sold drinks at trade fair
Beautiful Nollywood actress Kate Henshaw known for her ageless beauty and creativity clocked 50 today. Here are 10 things you probably do not know about her:
1.Kate Henshaw born July 19, 1971, in Cross River state is the oldest of four children. She attended St. Mary private school in Ajele, Lagos for her primary education. Later, she was admitted to the Federal Government Girl College, Calabar for her secondary school education.
2. She spent one year at the University of Calabar reading remedial studies and then majored in Medical Microbiology at the School of Medical Lab Science afterward, LUTH (Lagos University Teaching Hospital) in Lagos. Henshaw worked at the Bauchi State General hospital.
3. The Nollywood actress once sold drinks at the International Trade Fair where she came in contact with late JT Tomwest.
4. In 1993, Kate Henshaw had her first appearance in a major Nollywood movie after auditioning for the lead role in the movie When the Sun Sets and was chosen for the role.
5. On 19 July 2014, Kate Henshaw officially unveiled her campaign website as she was aspiring to represent the Calabar Municipal/Odukpani Federal constituency under the platform of the People Democratic Party PDP. Kate Henshaw lost the primary election to Rt. Hon Essien Ayi but was appointed as Special Advicer Liaison Lagos by the Cross River State Governor Ben Ayade in December 2015.
6. Kate Henshaw married British-born Roderick James Nuttal in 1999 and they welcomed their baby girl in 2000. The marriage lasted for 12 years before the union crumbled in 2011.
7. The screen goddess is a gym addict.
8. She once worked in the Quality Assurance lab at the Nigeria Bottling Company.
9. Being one of the most sought-after actresses in Nollywood Kate Henshaw has starred in several movies and won several awards.
10. Kate Henshaw is related to Nigerian radio personality and rapper Andre Blaze Henshaw.