He had the ambition of contesting for the governorship election in 2019
There has been a lot of internet buzz about Chief Sunday Adeyemo popularly called Sunday Igboho, the man who took the bold decision to rescue his people from killer Fulani herdsmen with a seven-day ultimatum which he followed with actions. Here are ten untold facts about the Yoruba activist:
- Sunday Adeyemo popularly called Sunday Igboho is a Christian who grew up in Modakeke, Osun state although he is a native of Igboho in Oke Ogun, Oyo state.
- He was born October 10, 1972
- The activist is from Aladikun compound in Modake, Igboho, Oke Ogun, Oyo state
- He is a businessman who is not new to Yoruba activism as he took an active part in the Ife-Modakeke communal crisis in 1997 where he gained popularity
- He is married to two wives, one based in Canada, the other in Germany and three of his children are professional footballers for different teams in Germany
- The former governor of Oyo State, Rashidi Ladoja is his mentor as he fought actively for him during his political crisis with Lamidi Adedibu
- Adeyemo was a trained motorcycle mechanic in his early days.
- He had the ambition of contesting for the governorship seat of Oyo state in 2019.
- Igboho was honored with the traditional title of Akoni Oodua.
- He is the founder and chief executive of Adeson international business concept Ltd.