Abuja Police arrest robbery suspects who rob bank with cutlasses                          109 -year-old, thousands of ghost workers uncovered in Zamfara civil service verification exercise                          Liverpool should be Champions already, but who be Arsenal where Chelsea dey sef?                         Top 10 Nollywood movies that defined the Nigerian film industry in 2019                          Rising Debt, Banking Sector Recapitalisation: Three major issues that will shape Nigeria’s economy in 2020                         Sanusi VS Ganduje: Sanusi fights dirty, sacks Ganduje ally from palace                         5 things no one has ever told you about Christmas                         How a small agritech start-up is taking on Nigeria’s adulterated palm oil cabals                         CBN scraps card maintenance fee, slashes bank charges in new banking guidelines                         EXPLAINED: 7 things you need to know about CBN's new guide on bank charges                         Religious Persecution: You are not world’s police, Buhari’s government lashes out at America                         Mahrez, Mane, Salah are nominees for African Footballer of the Year                         SAD! 19,273 Nigerian teachers fail 2019 Professional Qualification Examination                         Group commends Immigration over compulsory drug test for personnel                         BREAKING! Gunmen abduct Bayelsa commissioner’s 6-year-old son                         JUST IN! JAMB fixes March 14 for 2020 UTME examination                         Tesla to take fresh $1.4 billion loan from Chinese banks for Shanghai’s Gigafactory – Sources                         Igbos outraged over IGP’s roadblock order, decry 60 police roadblocks from Lagos to Onitsha                         Fayose’s faction sells Ekiti PDP secretariat as party’s crisis worsens                         Nigeria’s rising public debt remains worrisome, unsustainable - World Bank                        


Sanusi VS Ganduje: Sanusi fights dirty, sacks Ganduje ally from palace

The Sokon Kano was said to have made some derogatory comments against Emir Sanusi at the graduation of Police cadet officers in Kano last week.


Share this news


Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II

The last has yet to be heard of the fight between the Emir of Kano, Muhammadu Sanusi II and Kano Governor Abdullahi Ganduje.

The Emir fired a shot on Monday as he fired one of his personnel allegedly loyal to the Ganduje camp.

The staff, the Sokon Kano, Ahmadu Abdulwahab was said to have been barred from accessing the palace by the Emir shortly after the peace committee led by a former head of state to Nigeria, Abdulasalami Abubakar, met with the emir and the governor.

According to a Daily Trust report, the Sokon Kano was said to have made some derogatory comments against Emir Sanusi at the graduation of Police cadet officers held at the Police Academy, Wudil in Kano state, last week.

Legit also cited a recent clip which showed that the Sokon Kano was said to have made the comments during the event that was captured in a viral video.

Giving an account of how he was sacked from the palace, Sokon Kano said: “I reported to the palace today (yesterday) in the morning. I joined other palace guards in accompanying the emir to the palace, but minutes after the emir settled on his seat, the chief of staff to the emir, Alhaji Munir Sanusi approached me."

Also, read Religious Persecution: You are not the world’s police, Buhari’s government lashes out at America

The Sokon kano said he was queried by the chief of staff over his presence at the palace to which he responded that he was at the place to resume his usual work. He said it was at that instance that the chief of staff informed him that his presence was no longer needed in the palace. He said he was told by the chief of staff that he (Sokon Kano) cannot align with the palace enemies and at the same time remain with the palace.

“He then ordered me to leave the palace and never to return, while I was still sitting, the chief of staff sent the emir’s orderly to the DCO in charge of the palace and after few minutes conversation, the DCO came and ordered me to leave the palace,” Sokon Kano said.

It was gathered that the Soko Kano is the third palace personnel to have been sacked by the emir over the crisis between Governor Ganduje and Emir Sanusi.

Share this new


Sign In To Leave A Comment


Nigeria Today News. ©2019 Nigeria Today. All rights reserved.